START UP & SME
We worked with Amazon, PinkNews, Just Like Us and Glamazon to create the LGBT+ Reading Roadshow – bringing inspirational role models and free books on LGBT+ themes to secondary schools around the UK to help tackle homophobic bullying.
- Our launch event and regional Roadshows generated more than 30 positive news stories in publications such as The Daily Mail, Reuters and the i paper, with a combined reach of 50m+.
- Coverage also included broadcast packages on Sky News, Channel 5 News, ITV London and BBC London.
- At our London launch event, we were delighted to be joined by musician and campaigner Will Young, alongside Mayor of Hackney Philip Glanville. In Edinburgh, the Roadshow was endorsed by MSP Christina McKelvie, Scottish Government Minister for Older People & Equalities.
- All participating schools received a specially curated Book Box for their library, including age-appropriate titles from LGBT+ authors and discussing LGBT+ themes.
- We also generated owned content for the campaign, including a launch story which reached more than 400,000 readers.
- The LGBT+ Reading Roadshow will be back soon as we hit the road again and reach even more young people – watch this space!